What You Should Know Before Getting Facial Fillers
Facial fillers are a type of cosmetic treatment that can add volume to specific areas of the face and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. They are made from materials such as hyaluronic acid, collagen, and poly-L-lactic acid, which are injected into the skin using a fine needle. Facial fillers Oakbrook Terrace is typically done in a doctor’s office and can take 15 minutes to an hour.
Facial fillers diagnosis and evaluation
It is recommended to schedule a consultation with a qualified and experienced practitioner, such as a plastic surgeon or a dermal filler injector, before getting facial fillers. During the consultation, your doctor will assess your medical history, skin type, and areas of your face that you want to improve. They will also review your objectives and expectations for the procedure and any potential risks or side effects.
During the consultation, your doctor will also examine your face and photograph the area to be treated. They will use these photographs to create a treatment plan tailored to your specific needs and goals. They will also provide you with detailed instructions on how to prepare for the procedure, including any necessary pre-treatment care, such as avoiding alcohol, sun exposure, and certain medications in the days leading up to the procedure.
Types of facial fillers
Several facial fillers are available, each with unique properties and use. The most common types of facial fillers include:
- Hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers are the most popular type of facial fillers made from a naturally occurring substance in the skin. They can add volume to the cheeks, plump the lips, and smooth wrinkles and fine lines.
- Collagen fillers are made from a protein naturally found in the skin. They are used to add volume to the skin and can be used to smooth out wrinkles and fine lines. Collagen fillers used to be more popular but are not as common as hyaluronic acid fillers.
- Poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA) fillers: These are synthetic fillers that can be used to add volume to the cheeks and jawline. They also have a stimulating effect on collagen production and will create more volume over time.
When preparing for a facial filler treatment, it is important to take the following steps:
- Avoid blood thinners: Avoid taking blood thinners such as aspirin, ibuprofen, fish oil, and vitamin E supplements for at least one week before the procedure.
- Avoid alcohol: Avoid alcohol for at least 24 hours before the procedure, as it can increase bleeding and bruising.
- Avoid tanning or sun exposure for at least one week before the procedure.
- Follow pre-treatment instructions: Your practitioner will provide detailed instructions on preparing for the procedure, including any necessary pre-treatment care. Be sure to follow these instructions carefully.
Facial fillers can provide a variety of benefits, including:
- Reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines: By adding volume to the skin, fillers can smooth out wrinkles and fine lines, giving the face a more youthful appearance.
- Enhancing facial contours: Fillers can add volume to specific areas of the face, such as the cheeks or lips, to enhance facial contours and create a more balanced and symmetrical appearance.
- Improving the appearance of acne scars: Fillers can fill in acne scars, making them less noticeable.
Contact your doctor at Wrinkle Fairy to learn more about facial fillers.